Contact Capital Law Offices to
schedule a FREE consultation
Contact Us immigration attorney california
1900 Camden Ave, Ste 204
San Jose, CA 95124

Phone: (408)449-6797

Fax: (408)627-4899



spanish immigration attorney san jose

Immigration Attorney San Jose - Visas

About United States Visas

The United States government strictly regulates the entry of aliens and foreign nationals into this country, and visas are one of the tools by which they achieve this end. There are nearly 200 distinct types of visa, some for individuals who only plan to visit the U.S. and others for those who hope to achieve lawful permanent residency. Whether you are making plans to visit the United States on vacation or want to come here with the goal of becoming a U.S. citizen, you can find help in securing the right type of visa by contacting Capital Law Offices. We have extensive experience representing clients in all aspects of immigration law, and can help you understand this complex system. The first step is to choose the most appropriate type of visa for your needs.

What type of visa is right for me?

Visitor Visas
For the citizens of countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), travel to the U.S. does not require securing a visa. If, however, you do not reside in a VWP country, or if you plan to stay longer than 90 days, you will have to apply for either a B1 or B2 visitor visa.

Student Visas
If you are planning to come to the United States for purposes of education, whether as a secondary school student or to attend a university, we can assist you. Allow us to help you apply for a student visa that will enable you to enter and remain in this country in order to achieve your educational goals.

Work Visas
The number of visas made available every year for the purposes of coming to work in the United States is subject to strict regulation, and countless applicants are denied employment-based visas. We can help you choose the most appropriate type of work visa and represent you in your application.

Family Visas
The United States government recognizes the importance of being able to bring your loved ones to live with you and build a life together in this country. For this reason, the U.S. offers hundreds of thousands of family preference visas in addition to unlimited visas for certain immediate relatives of U.S. citizens.

K1 Fiancé Visas
With a K1 fiancé visa, your future spouse will be able to come to the United States, provided that you will be married within 90 days of his or her arrival. After you are married, it is possible for your spouse to file an application to become a lawful permanent resident.

Spouse Visas
U.S. citizens can bring their spouses to live in the United States using the IR1 immigrant visa, while green card holders can do the same using the F2 visa. There are additional options that make it possible for a spouse to immigrate to the U.S., and we can help you choose the right one.

B2 Tourist Visas
Individuals planning to visit the U.S. for purposes of pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment can apply for a B2 visitor visa, which makes travel in this country possible provided that you plan to stay for a predetermined time period, can provide evidence of funds to pay for your expenses, and can demonstrate that you have social and economic ties that will ensure that you will return to your home country.

H1B Professional Workers
The United States government prioritizes the various types of individuals who will be permitted entry to this country for purposes of employment, and one of the most valued categories is that of professional workers. If you plan to come here to perform services in a specialty occupation, you may be able to secure this type of visa.

H2B Seasonal Workers
Certain employers who cannot find enough workers in the local labor pool to perform temporary non-agricultural work can take advantage of the H2B visa. Federal immigration law places a cap on the number of such visas available each year, and it is advisable to hire legal representation to help you secure sufficient numbers of this visa to meet your needs.

H3 Professional Trainee
The H3 non-immigrant trainee visa is provided to foreign nationals planning temporary travel to the U.S. for the purpose of receiving training or education that is not available in his or her country of origin, provided that it is not a medical or graduate degree. It also allows travel for children receiving special education.

L1 Intracompany Visa
Multi-national corporations that need to transfer employees from offices abroad to locations within the U.S. can do so by means of the L1 visa. This visa also makes it possible for a company based outside the U.S. to send an employee to this country for the purposes of establishing a business operation.

E1 Treaty Traders
The United States maintains commerce and navigation treaties with a number of countries around the world, and the citizens of those countries can come to the U.S. to work as traders, provided that they secure an E1 visa.

E2 Treaty Investors
If you live in a country that has a treaty of navigation or commerce with the U.S. and want to travel here with the purpose of making a substantial investment, contact us to discuss your options for applying for an E2 treaty investor visa.

R1 Religious Workers
The R1 non-immigrant visa is intended for individuals who want to travel to the United States to perform services for a non-profit religious organization. The petition is filed by the prospective or current employer and, if approved, the visa will be valid for up to 30 months.

Take the first step in your case by calling or visiting Capital Law Offices now. Whether you are still living in your country of birth and are planning to move to California, or if you live here and are assisting a loved one or potential employee with the immigration process, we want to help you. We handle most of our cases on a flat-fee basis, which gives you the security of knowing that you can contact your attorney without running up expensive legal fees.

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a FREE initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys, please Contact Us online or call at (408)449-6797 today!


immigration lawyer san jose

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.
This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Copyright 2012. Capital Law Offices | We are a Debt Relief Agency. We help people file Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code
Bankruptcy Attorney San Jose | Foreclosure Defense Attorney San Jose | Family Law Attorney San Jose
Immigration Attorney San Jose | Criminal Attorney San Jose | Personal Injury Attorney San Jose
Home | About the Firm | Testimonials | FAQ | Case Results | Contact Us | SiteMap
Powered By: Azerra